Reading with engagement is important when teaching young children to read and to enjoy reading. Here are 5 questions you can ask before, after or during your reading of Patchwork to keep readers engaged and thinking critically about the writing.
- Why do you think the author doesn’t share the main characters name?
- What do you think the main characters name could be?
- What other woodland creatures would you add to this story?
- What other things could the patchwork quilt be used for?
- Why do you think the girl was so helpful?